ripple marks

syn. ripples

Small, undulating ridges and furrows (or crests and troughs) formed by the action of the flow of water on the bed of a channel or on sand or snow by the action of the wind.



UNESCO/WMO International Glossary of Hydrology (2nd revised ed., 1992)

Posted on February 24, 2014 .